Edited by Jean-Yves Reginster & Olivier Bruyère
Published February 2013
Osteoporosis is considered to be a major health issue in all developed countries, but recent years have seen improvements in understanding and management of the disorder. This work, authored by a team of international experts, explores the pathogenesis and diagnosis of disease, available treatments (pharmacological and non-medical) together with options for prevention. The book represents a reference document for all scientists interested in the field of skeletal diseases, as well as for clinicians willing to provide their patients with the best current options for their management.
- Pathogenesis of osteoporosis Luisella Cianferotti & Maria Luisa Brandi
- Diagnosis of osteoporosis James F Griffith & Harry K Genant
- Nonmedical treatment of osteoporosis Evelien Gielen, Michaël Laurent, Koen Milisen & Steven Boonen
- Pharmacological treatment of osteoporosis Christopher R Holroyd, Darshan Jagannath, Cyrus Cooper & Nicholas C Harvey
- Preventing postmenopausal osteoporosis Michael R McClung