Are you looking to start your career in advertising sales? Future Science Group is expanding and we are looking for a sales executive to join our advertising sales team. You will be responsible for securing new business from within the life science industry to advertise on our various digital platforms. The ideal candidate will be a confident, enthusiastic and target driven person that enjoys speaking with people to build relationships and new business opportunities.
Reporting to the Head of Advertising, the Business Development Executive along with the sales team is responsible the revenue growth of FSG’s digital hubs including brand awareness, thought leadership, and lead generating activities. This is a great entry level opportunity for the right candidate: prior experience in sales is not essential, but the successful candidate will need a passion for building relationships with people and an interest in media/publishing/advertising. You will be responsible for identifying your own pipeline whilst also responding to incoming enquiries. The successful candidate must be willing to undertake all aspects of sales generation, including researching and identifying contacts, cold calling, and emails to generate sales leads and nurturing to close sales. As such, the role requires someone with a creative/confident personality along with the drive of a successful salesperson.
- To generate new business/revenue
- Identify and plan appropriate mailing and cold-calling campaigns to proactively develop client base
- CRM management
- Respond to all client queries and requests in a timely fashion
- Responsible for incoming enquiries for Advertising Sales
- Oversee client-specific campaigns along with our delivery teams to provide feedback to clients regarding ROI and success of campaign
- Use appropriate communication styles and methods to meet client needs – phone calls, e-mails and face-to-face meetings where appropriate
- Create bespoke proposals tailored to client’s specific requirements and expectations
- Negotiate skilfully to close deals
- Proactively manage and maintain client relationships to secure repeat business
- Some international travel may be required
Skills and requirements:
- Excellent communicator – verbal and written
- Confidence to speak on the phone/video calls including cold calling
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work
- Ability to listen to clients and build excellent relationships in order to create an effective campaign that meets their requirements
- Create/provide client solutions
- Some sales experience (preferred but not mandatory)
- Educated to degree level (preferred but not mandatory)
- Advertising background (preferred but not mandatory)
Full training will be given to the successful applicant, and they can expect further development opportunities throughout their career at FSG.
This position is based in our North London offices, located close to Finchley Central tube station. The role will be office-based.
- Compensation: £25,000 + £12,000 OTE
- Monthly company breakfasts, cocktail Fridays, two big parties a year and subsidised socials throughout the year
- Full training programme for graduates and professional development opportunities throughout your time at FSG
- Partnered philanthropic organisations, which can mean perks like free tickets to music concerts
- The successful applicant can expect to be warmly welcomed into the team, who are all based in our friendly and fast-paced London office. FSG is a unique place to work, not least because of our future-focused outlook, collaborative spirit and numerous philanthropic projects. Find out more about what it’s like to work at FSG here: www.future-science-group.com
To apply, please submit a CV with cover letter explaining your passion for the role to the Head of Advertising, Dionne Murray ([email protected]). Early applications are encouraged.
Future Science Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all qualified applications from a diverse range of candidates.