Reporting to the Managing Editor, this role is crucial for the running and growth of our journal BioTechniques. BioTechniques is an internationally recognised journal focusing on the latest techniques within the broad field of life sciences. The successful Commissioning Editor will assist the Managing Editor in the day-to-day running of the journal, ensuring high quality and efficient publication process. This will include:
- Journal management – supporting the Managing Editor in overseeing the journal content pipeline
- Quality control of content
- Editorial Board liaison and management
- Social media content creation
- Supporting in content creation for our partner digital community, for example writing news articles
- Contributing towards departmental goals & company-wide projects
Full training will be given to the successful applicant, and they can expect further development opportunities throughout their career at FSG.
This position is based in our North London offices, located close to Finchley Central tube station. The role will be office-based.
- Competitive starter salary with 20% pay increase during first year at the company, linked to passing of probation and completion of 1 year
- Discretionary annual pay increase and bonus
- Monthly company breakfasts, cocktail Fridays, two big parties a year and subsidised socials throughout the year
- Full training programme for graduates and professional development opportunities throughout your time at FSG
- Partnered philanthropic organisations, which can mean perks like free tickets to music concerts
- The successful applicant can expect to be warmly welcomed into the team, who are all based in our friendly and fast-paced London office. FSG is a unique place to work, not least because of our future-focused outlook, collaborative spirit and numerous philanthropic projects. Find out more about what it’s like to work at FSG here: www.future-science-group.com
- 2:1 or above in a life science degree or other relevant discipline
- Excellent organisation and time-management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive attitude and a great team ethic
- Experience in a scicomms, journalism or editorial role (either paid or voluntary)
How to apply
To apply, please submit a CV with cover letter explaining your passion for the role and your salary expectations to the Managing Editor, Ebony Torrington ([email protected]). Early applications are encouraged.
Future Science Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all qualified applications from a diverse range of candidates.