Are you a science graduate who is keen to establish a career in STM publishing? Could you apply your enthusiasm and scientific background in a fast-paced editorial environment? This role will see you take manuscripts through the production process to final print and online publication. You will work across a range of successful titles, and as a key role within the company you will have responsibility for ensuring the quality and consistency of the journals and graphics you work on.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Using scientific knowledge to redraw graphics in Illustrator
- Liaising with our external service providers
- Corresponding with authors
- Raising queries and making any necessary changes to their articles
- Creating contents and cover pages
- Validating background coding and posting articles online
- Approving journals for print
- Overseeing and implementing editorial processes to ensure all published content is of a high standard
Applicants should possess a graduate qualification in biomedical science, chemistry, life sciences, pharmaceutical science or a related field. The ideal candidate would demonstrate a strong attention to detail, excellent organisation and computer literacy skills, and have a proven understanding of the importance of scheduling and the ability to work to strict deadlines.
This is an ideal role to begin a career in STM publishing, with full training given to the successful candidate.
There will be opportunities for the successful candidate to develop quickly and assume responsibility for, and have a real impact on, the content and future direction of our journals.
This position is based in our North London offices, conveniently located close to Finchley Central tube station.
Please submit a CV with cover letter* explaining your interest in the role and salary expectations to Kathryn Berry, Head of Production ([email protected]) by Friday 15th July