Are you looking for the next step in your career in scicomms or publishing? We’re looking for an enthusiastic, organised and driven Senior Editor to bring their passion for scientific communication and editorial expertise to Future Science Group.
Founded in 2001, FSG is a progressive scientific publisher, curating trusted online, print and in-person resources to serve the scientific and medical communities. Although our foundation is in cutting-edge, peer-reviewed scientific journals, we have expanded over the years to publish digital/virtual hubs and run events, as well as offering creative services and publishing solutions.
Reporting to the Publisher, this role is crucial for the running and growth of our e-communities, supporting the Publisher in strategic development, and management of editorial staff. The successful Senior Editor will oversee one of our flagship digital hubs; a go-to resource for researchers in the field of life sciences.
- The day-to-day editorial management of one or more of FSG’s e-communities, including one of our flagship digital hubs, BioTechniques, either directly or through line management
- The writing (with support from the Publisher) and execution of the Editorial Strategy for your digital hub(s), ensuring that the site publishes a diverse and engaging content pipeline including news, interviews, podcasts and other multimedia content
- Working with the Editorial Board to develop the site’s direction and editorial output
- Supporting the Publishers in development and delivery of the overarching digital strategy
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure editorial strategy and output is aligned with business, sales and marketing goals
- Line management of editorial staff
This position is based in our North London offices, located close to Finchley Central tube station. The role will be office-based (COVID-permitting).
The successful applicant can expect to be warmly welcomed into the team, who are all based in our friendly and fast-paced London office. FSG is a unique place to work, not least because of our future-focused outlook, collaborative spirit and numerous philanthropic projects. Find out more about what it’s like to work at FSG here: www.future-science-group.com
- A Bachelor’s qualification in the life sciences, chemistry, pharmaceutical science or a related field at a 2:1 standard or above
- 2+ years of experience in scicomms, publishing, journalism or similar
- Proven experience of:
- A high level of attention to detail
- Ability to translate big-picture strategy into detail, and vice versa
- Project management
- Excellent organisation and time-management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive attitude and a great team ethic
- Line management experience
How to apply
To apply, please submit a CV with cover letter explaining your interest in the role and salary expectations to the Publisher, Lauren Pulling ([email protected]). Early applications are encouraged.
Future Science Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all qualified applications from a diverse range of candidates.